Er.  In that sort of a situation, I myself would set up a RAID for storing
the data, *much* less chance for losing it.  I'd just do that anyway.  In
fact, the computer that's still in a box and is destined to replace the one
I'm using right now has a RAID, because I seem to have a knack for
catastrophically losing hard drives that baffles my husband entirely.  (He
has more problems with his PDAs than I do, so I guess there's *some* sort of
balance....)  I think I've lost 2 or 3 in the past 6 years, and any data
that wasn't backed up, which is kind of rough for an information junkie.
For *that* sort of application, I'd go with a decent number of disks in the
array for any one set of data.

My own problem with cloud computing is, if the magical set of wires between
me and my data has a glitch, I can't get to my data, and we end up with
Grumpy Julia, which is not pleasant for anyone directly involved.

(Jo Anne -- a RAID is a Redundant Array of Independent Disks, where the data
is stored on multiple disks and checked for accuracy on some regular basis.
If one drive goes down, either the data should be duplicated somewhere, or
there should be enough information stored on another disk or disks to
reconstruct what was lost.  Off-site backup is still recommended for things
like fire, floods and tornadoes, and don't anyone laugh about the tornadoes,
m'kay?)

        Julia