New York Times: "The Collider, the Particle and a Theory About Fate"

    http://su.pr/3287Ll

    [When the LHC is powered on after a year of repairs after an
    accident shut it down] it will be time to test one of the most
    bizarre and revolutionary theories in science. I’m not talking
    about extra dimensions of space-time, dark matter or even black
    holes that eat the Earth. No, I’m talking about the notion that
    the troubled collider is being sabotaged by its own future. A
    pair of otherwise distinguished physicists have suggested that
    the hypothesized Higgs boson, which physicists hope to produce
    with the collider, might be so abhorrent to nature that its
    creation would ripple backward through time and stop the
    collider before it could make one, like a time traveler who goes
    back in time to kill his grandfather.

Apparently, the (mere prospect that the) LHC will succeed in creating
the Higgs boson will "ripple backward through time" to prevent its own
creation?

NOTE: The article makes brief mention of God. If you are fanatically
opposed to all references to deity, it's probably not the article for
you. This is not an invitation to restart THAT old argument.

Dave