>New York Times: "The Collider, the Particle and a Theory About Fate"
>
>    http://su.pr/3287Ll
>
>    [When the LHC is powered on after a year of repairs after an
>    accident shut it down] it will be time to test one of the most
>    bizarre and revolutionary theories in science. I'm not talking
>    about extra dimensions of space-time, dark matter or even black
>    holes that eat the Earth. No, I'm talking about the notion that
>    the troubled collider is being sabotaged by its own future. A
>    pair of otherwise distinguished physicists have suggested that
>    the hypothesized Higgs boson, which physicists hope to produce
>    with the collider, might be so abhorrent to nature that its
>    creation would ripple backward through time and stop the
>    collider before it could make one, like a time traveler who goes
>    back in time to kill his grandfather.
>
>Apparently, the (mere prospect that the) LHC will succeed in creating
>the Higgs boson will "ripple backward through time" to prevent its own
>creation?

I'll see your Temporal Paradox and raise you a Multiverse:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree/2009/oct/19/cern-higgs-boson-particle

And in spite of what several different news articles claim, it is a paradox, in the same way that skynet can never kill john conner by time travel, because the use of time travel cements the event that lead to the time travel as being an unchangeable event in the causality of the time traveler. You can change other events that way all you want, but you can't change things that significantly affect your own causality.

Now my theory about grandfather paradox's is this: it would essentially be a recursive feedback loop, but small variations in the quantum states of particles in each iteration of the loop begin to add up until events change to seemingly just barely prevent the paradox from occurring and ending the paradox. A time traveler would thus encounter a lot of seeming coincidences that prevent them from creating a grandfather paradox, much like a Ta'veren in the WoT books.