Maybe Richard can weigh in on this because he was a boffin in a former life;
not just a plumber.  But, if they set their parameters using earlier
observations, then I would think they would be very clear about what those
parameters were, and how they set them.  If you look at landmark papers,
such as the first observations of charm, while they can be understated, to a
physicist reading their paper the results stand out clearly as if they were
in 50 pt Bold.

I don't get that with this paper, but maybe I'm missing something.  Where do
they state the earlier data that they used to set their parameters?

Second, it seems clear from the sites I quoted that they had to change their
parameters to match later observations.

Third, folks who tried to work the progress of the clusters from before
collision through the collision using their theory needed very specific
preconditions to obtain the results.

> Seems to me that if neutrino's oscillate between having mass and not
> having mass,

That's not what neutrino oscillation is.  It is oscillation between
different type of neutrinos, from electron neutrinos to muon or tau
neutrinos.  It is akin to kaon oscillations, where a K0 is produced, but a
K0-bar can be observed.  It's kinda neat physics, with production and
interactions are kaons (down,strange-bar) or kaon-bars (down-bar,strange),
but transport occurs with

K-short: [(down,strange-bar)- (down-bar,strange)]/sqrt(2)

and

K-long: [(down,strange-bar)+ (down-bar,strange)]/sqrt(2)

> that they would oscillate between being bound by gravity
> and moving in a straight line,

ah, light is bent, and it has no mass....but it has relativistic mass.
FWIW, although one can do it either way, the convention now is to call rest
mass "mass" and to just see relativistic mass as E/c^2.

Dan M.