At 06:27 PM Friday 11/13/2009, Ronn! Blankenship wrote:
At 03:32 PM Friday 11/13/2009, Julia wrote:

>         Julia

>who declined to take part in what she perceived was the torturing of the
>rattlesnakes from Taylor during the premiere weekend of "Snakes on a Plane"
>at the Alamo Drafthouse (this was at the Village location), and did *not*
>reach out to touch the one being brought up the aisle on her side (and I
>think that one was only about 5' long)

The Alamo Drafthouse is a church?

. . . ronn!  :)

____________________

Nope.

http://www.drafthouse.com/

Opening weekends of some things, they go all-out.

Oh, and Harry Knowles' Butt-Numb-A-Thon is held at one.

And, well, that's where I found out that cheese & grapes is *not* as good
for my digestion as cheese & apples.  (I'm inclined *not* to order the
cheese & fruit plate after that one.)

One of the featured menu items for about a month was "Snakes on a Plate".
And I hear tell that rattler (which was the snake they were using) tastes
like chicken.  I declined to explore that.

        Julia

When you said that they brought a rattlesnake "up the aisle" for folks to touch I of course immediately thought of those snake-handling churches, hence my wisecrack . . .

And here's another one:

Natural Selection free online comic strip library at comics.com - http://comics.com/natural_selection/2009-11-16/

. . . ronn!  :)