On Dec 23, 2009, at 11:03 AM, Alberto Monteiro wrote:

The Weekly Brin-L chat is scheduled for Wednesday 3 PM
Eastern/2 PM Central time in the US, or 7 PM Greenwich time.
There's usually somebody there to talk to for at least eight
hours after the start time. If no-one is there when you arrive
just wait around a while for the next person to show up!

Maybe I will get there tonight to remember you that Christmas
is the celebration of the birth of Christ :-P

Of course, we all know that it started that way, but it is
very much a secular holiday, too. And even we Christians
have to acknowledge that it is celebrated in December only
in order to co-opt the winter solstice celebrations of the
pagans.

That said, a very merry Christmas to you, Alberto, and to
William and the rest of the Brin-L crew, enjoy the blessings
of whatever you may or may not believe or celebrate at this
time of year.

Dave