On Feb 26, 2010, at 1:29 PM, Nick Arnett wrote:

On Fri, Feb 26, 2010 at 9:19 AM, Bruce Bostwick <lihan161...@sbcglobal.net > wrote:
Congratulations!

When are you going back in for your General and/or Extra?  ;)

The examiners tried to talk me into doing the General immediately, but I didn't. I'm not sure when or if I will... I'll be quite happy on VHF, I think, but we'll see.

You only pay for the first one.  :D

That's how I came out of my last VE session an Extra instead of a General. Hadn't studied for the Extra, but they talked me into taking it anyway, because it was free since I had passed the previous one and there was nothing to lose, and i ended up bashing through it and getting most of the "how many degrees will this LC network rotate the phase of this signal" questions right, or at least enough to pass. Possibly luck. But I got to sign /AE after the test session.

You'll be happy on VHF for a while, but there are a lot of adventures to be had on HF too, and you need at least a General to work 20 meters ..