This list may have somewhat of the same kind of problem science
fiction does in general.

The problem is runaway technology.

Think of how long painting and story telling lasted.

Movies are still using film, but that's rapidly coming to an end

VHS tape is about gone after decades.

DVD replaced them and after single digit years is being replaced by
Blue Ray, which in turns is going away in favor of Internet
transmission.

The concept here leads to "the singularity," of nanotechnology and
weakly godlike AI.   I see no way to avoid it.

It doesn't matter if humans manage to keep up with advancing
technology or wind up relating to our successor the way cats do to
humans.  Things are going to change radically and it's likely this
change will happen before mid century.  This offers, for example, an
explanation for the Fermi Question.

There are lots of things to discuss, but very few people want to
discuss such an unsettling future.

Keith.