I also like the idea not said here, that good science fiction fires off the
imagination of the young to create the dreams of today into the reality of
tomorrow!

How many things have we read in the younger years are now coming to pass,
both good and bad, long before they were actually technically possible?

I think without science fiction we would have less scientists, engineers and
thinkers impatient to create what they read about and society would be a far
worse (heheh or better depending on your point of view) off.

http://www.gogan.com/blog/   <--- god do out of date must do something >:¬{