George Lucas, after being fought tooth and nail by his neighbors on his plan
to bring a movie studio to his property has given up the attempt and is now
planning on having affordable housing built on the property instead.  He
fought big high priced sub-divisions being built there, to no avail
If the neighbors are honest about wanting it to stay residential, then they
should welcome affordable housing: that's residential. But, I'm betting a
beer that they won't welcome lower income neighbors. I'll put a beer on the
proposition that his neighbors who were happy with expensive homes being
built in a nice area will be fighting the affordable housing.  I'm hope I'm
wrong, and I'm guessing that most of Brin-L will agree that he did something
right here.

Dan M.

http://m.movies.com/movie-news/george-lucas-grady-ranch/7883