On Jun 18, 2012, at 2:19 PM, Jon Louis Mann wrote:

> For me time is too precious to waste playing video games. I canceled my cable
> and minimized my time on Facebook because they were cutting into my reading
> time.

For me, video games — especially played with my son — are more
valuable/enjoyable than most other forms of entertainment, perhaps more so
because they involve thinking and engagement, rather than merely receiving
them. The $60 or so that I spent on Fallout 3 bought me roughly 300 hours of
entertainment, much of it with my son at my side, laughing along with me as
various denizens of the post-apocalypse got the better of me. Seems like a
pretty good deal.

Yes, I know that "superior" people are supposed by other "superior" people to
be above enjoying video games, but I guess I'm just not that "superior".

Dave