Dan,

Interesting article, thanks for the link.

I am reminded of this, which came out in April, a preview of the EPI's
"State of Working America: 12th Edition" —

http://www.epi.org/publication/ib330-productivity-vs-compensation/

Until the early 1970s, hourly compensation rose with worker productivity.
Since then, hourly compensation has been pretty much flat, while
productivity has continued to rise. This is largely the result of a shift
to capital gains income, rather than productivity-based income among the
top few percent, who have gobbled up the growing gap between productivity
and income.

Dave