>> This issue is not being resolved rationally, but then very
>> few people approach problems that way.

> Twitter compressed solution

> "Really cheap power if we bootstrap by building one power satellite
> and use it for propulsion lasers to bring up parts for thousands. "

> If anyone wants to know more, ask.

Our political leaders don't need solutions, they need fear. Once you
control voters by fear, you can do literally everything.

That's toally different from us people with a scientific background,
who still believe that we're constrained by physical laws. Or math. Or
reason. Or logic.

It works because politicians don't even get close to breaching natural
laws. They are content with much, much simpler achievements. Personal
wealth, power or just making certain other people feel miserable.

However, Angela Merkel, Chancellor of Germany, has studied physics.
I'm wondering if she would be open to scientific solutions. Or if
there political contrains which would prevent her from actually
persuing solutions.

- Klaus