> https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B5iotdmmTJQsSzVYQ2Q0YUtCMERRczdYSXMtUWphUl92aHFN/edit?usp=sharing
>
> Working on a similar article for much higher circulation outlet.
>
> Keith

Alright, now I'm feeling pretty hopeful about what power satellites
can do for us. Thanks for sharing!

I'm less optimistic about the chance of convincing politicians
in the West to support something like this. Fossil fuel companies
would porbably oppose such a plan vociferously. The best chance
might be to persuade government people in a developing country
that has more to lose from climate change.

That's not to say it couldn't be done... look at the Chinese
government, investing far more in wind power than the United
States in spite of their dependence on coal.

I wonder how much support could be gained from companies that
foresee a future in space tourism or asteroid mining?

Does the National Space Society have any plans to try to pitch
this to anybody?

~E.S.