Hello BDers,

I was one of the people Si refers to below and wish to explain the situation
more fully from my point of view.  I am a Clapham player who has not made it
on to the Hawaii squad.  I have therefore been playing on Clapham 2 all
season.  As you will be aware, Clapham has split its Hawaii squad between
the two teams, with a few extra players like myself making up the numbers
for CU2.

For Tour IV, being so close to Hawaii, Clapham understandably is entering
its full Hawaii squad, and therefore does not have enough players left to
field a second team.  This leaves a handful of players like myself with no
team to play on.  Rather than just pick up with a team I checked out the
rules.  Strictly speaking my team (CU2) is not entering the tournament.
However, since Clapham is a geo squad, we are rostered as one, and so I'm
being punished by not being allowed to play for another team.  (For the
record I was hoping to play with my old team Strange Blue this weekend).

Everyone I have explained this situation to has had the same initial
reaction - "that sucks."

Although I admit there was potential to foresee this situation arising, what
could be done about it?  The only option would be for all those non-Hawaii
players who wanted to play for Clapham to not play with them all season.
This would have left Clapham without enough players for 2 teams and so not
(in Clapham's opinion) get the best out of the tour in terms of training for
Hawaii.  Since, as I understand it, the Tour is designed to be elitist and
give the British the best chance of featuring on the world stage, this would
go against the Tour's purpose.

I wish I could play this weekend, and finally have a year where I've made
every tournament I've wanted to play at.  Not being able to play due to
injury I can live with.  Not being allowed to play due to some rules sucks.
I want to say see you all in Leeds but unless someone reconsiders that's not
going to happen - maybe my long lost identical twin brother from overseas
will turn up instead?

Steve
CU2


-----Original Message-----
From: Si Weeks [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: 16 July 2002 12:44
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Cc: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Rosters for Tour IV


Hello everyone,

Over the last week I have had three seperate
approaches requesting permission to change roster from
one team to another for Tour IV this weekend. I have
therefore discussed these issues with the competitions
committee. The three teams in question are Clapham,
Chevy Co-ed and Druids. 

We concluded that whilst we have every sympathy for
the individuals involved in all three cases, we felt
that all three teams could have foreseen these
circumstances. Therefore in the opinion of the
competitions committee the circumstances are not
exceptional and we therefore will not permit any
change of rosters prior to Tour IV.

Thanks,

Si Weeks
On behalf of the Competitions Committee

__________________________________________________
Do You Yahoo!?
Everything you'll ever need on one web page
from News and Sport to Email and Music Charts
http://uk.my.yahoo.com
__________________________________________________
BritDisc mailing list
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://pootle.near.me.uk/mailman/listinfo/britdisc

Reply via email to