It doesn't sound harsh, I understand why you were turning away players, but you suggested in your first email that....
"Last winter our Monday and some Sunday practices were open again, but maybe because we didn't publicise it very well, and probably because we were focusing on Hawaii the number of non-Clapham players dwindled." As soon as Monday nights started players were turned away with the understanding that all Clapham practices were closed from then onwards, unless you were trying out. As I obviously wasn't trying out, then I was out straight away. Seeming as I couldn't attend your practices and therefore didn't attend, then I guess that will be why I wasn't picked for the team. And there was me thinking it was my decision who I played for?!?! :) Sean. P.S. Wayne, looks like you weren't picked either! How does that make you feel? Alex Bowers wrote: > Sean, > > This is going to sound a little harsh, but I have to defend our position. > Our practices were open last winter, but mainly in the sense that we were > trying to bring on new players for the Tour and our Hawaii squad. When you > came to our winter practices we assumed (and with Wayne Retter too) that you > were trying out for our team and wanted to play for us. Shortly before > Christmas we had to make a cut so we could get the most out of our practices > in preparation for Hawaii, this is why you were turned away. > I'm sure you'll agree that while this is a tough stance, it is the nature of > successful sports teams. > > Alex > CU26 > > Message: 11 > Date: Thu, 22 Aug 2002 08:23:50 +0100 > From: Sean Holden <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> > To: "'[EMAIL PROTECTED]'" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> > Subject: Re: [BD] Ultimate in the UK > > Alex, > > Your practices were not still open last winter to non Clapham players! I've > been practising in London at Tooting and such like since the days of Shotgun > and come this winter I was turned away on the grounds that you guys didn't > want to disrupt the flow of the team with non Clapham players attending. > The only non Clapham player I believe still attending beyond that point was > Wayne, and that was because you were trying to poach him!!! > > Does this make Wayne the muppet :) > > Sean, Druids > > ********************************************************************* > This email is confidential and intended solely for the use of > the individual to whom it is addressed. Any views or > opinions presented are solely those of the author and do > not necessarily represent those of the company. > > If you are not the intended recipient, be advised that you > have received this email in error and that any use, > dissemination, forwarding, printing or copying of this email > is strictly prohibited. If you have received this email in error > please contact the sender. > > This mail has been swept for viruses. > ********************************************************************* __________________________________________________ BritDisc mailing list [EMAIL PROTECTED] http://pootle.near.me.uk/mailman/listinfo/britdisc
