Bulls**t.

This is an overly harsh and unwarranted penalty.  I'm also tempted to say 
Witch Hunt, but will refrain.

However, I will try to accept this penalty with good grace, and I would like 
to be the first to congratulate Chevy on winning the Mixed Tour.


But a point to consider:

Our game is not economics.  If we get zero points for failing to field a 
full team as stated by the UKU, then any team at Nottingham this weekend 
without a proper team should also get zero points.  There should not be 
exceptions to the rules as an incentive to fill up the spots in the 
tournament.

(Although this is not how I feel, I felt I might as well jump on the 
righteousness bandwagon!)

Aura
Grazed and Confused
(the first casualty of our new association)

>From: "Ben Ravilious" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>Subject: [BD] Grazed and Confused @ Mixed Tour 2
>Date: Thu, 22 Aug 2002 11:07:47 +0100
>
>Dear all,
>
>Having received many complaints about the conduct of Grazed and Confused at
>Mixed Tour 2 and having investigated their lack of players at the 
>tournament
>we have decided to apply the following sanction against the team:
>
>Grazed and Confused will lose all their Mixed Tour 2 points due to failing
>to have sufficient players on the first day of the tournament.
>
>We appreciate that G&C had last minute problems with players dropping out
>but we believe that this could have been avoided. Agreements which may have
>been made between G&C and their opponents and/or the tournament directors 
>to
>allow them to qualify and play without a full team have no bearing on
>whether a team is legitimate under the rules of the Tour.
>
>I note also that several other regular mixed teams were denied entry to 
>this
>tournament due to over-subscription.
>
>Let this be a warning to teams participating in future UKU mixed events 
>that
>the rules and the spirit of the division require you to have enough players
>of both gender.
>
>Please accept my apologies that this was not dealt with a lot earlier.
>
>Ben
>UKU President
>
>
>__________________________________________________
>BritDisc mailing list
>[EMAIL PROTECTED]
>http://pootle.near.me.uk/mailman/listinfo/britdisc




_________________________________________________________________
Chat with friends online, try MSN Messenger: http://messenger.msn.com

__________________________________________________
BritDisc mailing list
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://pootle.near.me.uk/mailman/listinfo/britdisc

Reply via email to