Bear with me on this one people.
> Why do we need to fix something that ain't broke?
Ok, I own a bike. It's a nice expensive bike. Some Leeds scally even asked me if I
wanted to swap it with his. It runs really nicely. It squeeks a little. It isn't broke.
I really should oil it every time I use it. I cycle to work every morning (during
summer, to Uni during term). It's a lot of effort to look after it when I use it so
often. It isn't broke, so why should I put the effort in.
If I keep on not oiling or cleaning or tightening nuts, it's going to fall apart.
Maybe not tomorrow and maybe not this year at Uni, but not that far off. Then it's
going to be a whole lot more trouble to fix it once it's broke. And I won't be able to
ride it while it is.
Maybe I'm a nutter with too much time on my hands and not enough smarts to say how I
think we should fix Ultimate. A game I love, even just after a year of playing. One
thing is for sure, I CAN be bothered to put the effort in to Ulti to keep it in good
shape. Maybe it isn't broke but it'll be a whole lot better if we make the effort to
do something rather than let it stagnate.
Aussie
Jedi
P.S. ||
||
\ /
\/
> It would be nice to hear from teams lower down the rankings about this, but what I
>have heard is that the current system works well and teams are fighting for their
>position right down to the final game.
Much as I enjoy playing at all, the top teams don't like playing with "muppets" and I
don't like looking like I'm sh*t when it's just that their so good. I'd rather watch
them and play a good game myself another weekend. It's hard to get a weekend off, espc
to go to Swindon, but it's worth it. Someday I'll manage it. We may be fighting to the
last game but it's the mortal wound to your confidense on the first day that's the
problem.
Yeh, it's fun but it could be better.
Although saying that, at Copa things were different. It was my first tournie my team
wasn't fighting for bottom of the basement since my beginners tournie. When you're
coming out on top (nearly) you don't seem to notice the fact that the other team
aren't enjoying being 3-10 down as much as you enjoy being 10-3 up...
> Some of the most fanatical football fans don't travel more than 200 miles to see
>their idols play, do we really expect the ordinary Ultimate player to travel across
>the country to see the top 16 ply their trade.
Do we really want to compare ourselves to footie supporters?...
Aus
__________________________________________________
BritDisc mailing list
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://pootle.near.me.uk/mailman/listinfo/britdisc