Yes, Student Open/Womens Indoor Nationals is on the same weekend as Open Mixed Indoor Nationals, but there really is no other time in the callendar to fit those tournaments.

Which ever weekend was picked you were going to be cause conflicts. I think Boston picked the weekend that was going to cause the least confilcts. Open Mixed can still go ahead without the student playrers and considering that Open Mixed didn't happen last year I think he made a fine choice.

Crispy
OW!





From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
CC: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: [BD] Mixed/Womens/Student Nationals
Date: Sat, 28 Dec 2002 14:14:17 +0000 (GMT)

Britdisc,

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't Mixed Indoor Nationals the same weekend as
Student and womens Nationals? I know Jon Palmer has already provided a
reasonable explanation of Student and Womens being held at the same time but
can anyone explain why all three Nationals are on the same weekend?

If the growth of womens Ultimate is to be promoted, women need to have the
opportunity to play in as many tournaments as possible, this situation means
that many student women will have to choose out of three tournaments. Not only
does this mean girls will not get to play all the tournaments they want to, but
teams will be weaker, and some mixed teams may not be able to field a team if
they are made up mainly of students.

Can anything be done now? I know the calendar is looking full, but surely
others must agree that the competition at womens and mixed nationals will not
be at its highest if these tournaments are on the same weekend?

Thanks
Haych

Haze/Maiden Bungle
__________________________________________________
BritDisc mailing list
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://pootle.near.me.uk/mailman/listinfo/britdisc
Staying informed - http://www.ukultimate.com/informed.asp

_________________________________________________________________
The new MSN 8: smart spam protection and 3 months FREE*. http://join.msn.com/?page=features/junkmail&xAPID=42&PS=47575&PI=7324&DI=7474&SU= http://www.hotmail.msn.com/cgi-bin/getmsg&HL=1216hotmailtaglines_smartspamprotection_3mf

__________________________________________________
BritDisc mailing list
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://pootle.near.me.uk/mailman/listinfo/britdisc
Staying informed - http://www.ukultimate.com/informed.asp

Reply via email to