About fining TD's for sub-standard venues, it sounds fine on the face of it, but why should we blame TD's when the venue has agree to and probably signed contracts to confirm they can accommodate a Tour's requirements, and then break that contract? I do know that this is being taken further with the venue, and perhaps the TD's will give a fuller explanation when they return.
In regards to needing the results for T3 entry, I dont know the technicalities, but I will be prepared to receive the information and collate it and pass to the T3 TD (as this isnt the T3 TD's error, I dont think they should be bombarded with emails). I will first speak to people at our training tonight to see if we know where the results may be.
Please note that I am prepared to do this as a friend of the TD's. This isnt a responsibility that is being passed onto either of the TD's teams. They will be buying me copius quantities of beer though.
I will post something tomorrow.
Alex The Prince Of Leisure #43
From: "Roger Thomson" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> Subject: RE: [BD] Tour 2 results? Date: Thu, 5 Jun 2003 10:34:54 +0100
Won't we need the results to determine who gets entry to Tour 3? The two trekkers being 'back just in time' may well be too late for the TD of Tour 3 who has to work out who gets automatic entry...
Surely publishing the results on BD within one or two days should be one of the standards written into whatever docs are being created about running Tours? Along with the potential to fine TDs after events which fail to meet certain standards.
Would it help if we all mailed our Tour 2 results to the TD of Tour 3, the DoC, or worked them out on BD?
>If it helps at all I don't think Clapham choked this time ;-) Fatboy Fatboy is correct, the lozenges worked a treat and Clapham 1 won Tour 2 with a clear throat, beating LLL 17-15 in a great final. Clapham South, sorry Chevvy South, beat Chevvy North in the 3/4. Druids obviously kept turnover-machine Bachelor under control and beat Sharks in the 5/6. BPF beat Clapham 2 in the 7/8.
C some of you this w/e, rt
-----Original Message----- From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of [EMAIL PROTECTED] Sent: 05 June 2003 09:56 To: [EMAIL PROTECTED] Subject: [BD] Tour 2 Lost Property
To all those who lost stuff at Tour 2....
There is a big pile of stuff that Bisto has left festering in my front room that I can only assume is the Lost Property from the tournament. As I am not currently living there, I don't have a problem with the numerous nasty smells that are undoubtedly emanating from it, but I will not be going through it, it's for him to sort out when he returns!
As the 2 trekkers are back just in time for Tour 3, I suspect that the plan is to take it all there - although I couldn't be sure of that.
Cheers Ruth Red #11
__________________________________________________ BritDisc mailing list [EMAIL PROTECTED] http://pootle.near.me.uk/mailman/listinfo/britdisc Staying informed - http://www.ukultimate.com/informed.asp
__________________________________________________ BritDisc mailing list [EMAIL PROTECTED] http://pootle.near.me.uk/mailman/listinfo/britdisc Staying informed - http://www.ukultimate.com/informed.asp
_________________________________________________________________
Find a cheaper internet access deal - choose one to suit you. http://www.msn.co.uk/internetaccess
__________________________________________________ BritDisc mailing list [EMAIL PROTECTED] http://pootle.near.me.uk/mailman/listinfo/britdisc Staying informed - http://www.ukultimate.com/informed.asp
