BD,
Just to say that I agree wholeheartedly with Jon's comments below regarding the GB kit selection. I realise that competition is required in order to spur innovation and increase efficiencies. However, we are a community and should act as one. I am struggling to think of any group of people or organisation which has done more for Ultimate in the UK than Lookfly; think of the Fresher packs, prizes at tournaments, reliable delivery of excellent team kit, provision of discs at cost for teams to re-sell, the constant presence of the Lookfly shop - I could go on. They have surely done more to raise the profile of UK Ultimate and encourage people to play the sport than any other single body.
What is more, they are an integral part of UK Ultimate - thay are part of our community. For years they have helped us: now we have been given a chance to say "Thank you". And we threw it back at them.
We should ask ourselves, does our community need a company like Lookfly? I think the answer is a clear Yes - there are overseas companies which will sell you shirts, print you discs (at a profit) - but were they there to buy ibuprofen from in the rain at Tour 1? Lookfly deserve our support, as they have supported us over the years.
I've ranted for long enough. I am probably being unfair. Would it be possible for someone from the kit selection committee to email BD with a brief set of reasons for going with an overseas supplier? I'm sure the reasons weren't just those of fashion or vanity, but I for one would be interested in what they were.
Dominic
Discuits #2
Date: Wed, 28 Apr 2004 10:06:03 +0100 From: Jon Good <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> Subject: [BD] Kit deals
BD, I want to voice my utter disappointment in the decision of the powers that be not to use LookFly for the GB kits for worlds. For years we have all been striving to increase the publicity of our sport in the UK and we finally have a UK based company (made up of people we know) who are helping us to raise awareness and back the sport. They have also been an active supporter of the UKUA and are present at every tour and major student event. So when it comes to helping them (to ultimately help ourselves [sorry about the pun]) what do we do � take our business to a European company. Well done us!
Jon Good
Abstract #44
_________________________________________________________________
Stay in touch with absent friends - get MSN Messenger http://www.msn.co.uk/messenger
__________________________________________________ BritDisc mailing list [EMAIL PROTECTED] http://pootle.near.me.uk/mailman/listinfo/britdisc Staying informed - http://www.ukultimate.com/informed.asp
