Hello all,

As you may be aware, the tryouts for the GB Junior Open, Women and GB Under 16s
squads has been taking place over the past few months. This is a very exciting
time as the future talent of GB Ultimate is being trained up by a dedicated
group of coaches.

But in order to reach the goal of sending the 3 squads to their respective
tournaments - we need YOU to volunteer to help manage them as a squad.

We will be taking applications from now until 23 December 2005 for the
following positions [All running roughly 31 December - 30 July]:

GB Junior Open Squad Managers [2]:  Your role will include aiding the coaches
in finding venues for tryouts and training sessions, managing the finances of
the team, applying for sponsorship, researching cheap flight options to the US
etc. To apply, or for more information, please email
juniors[at]ukultimate[dot]com

GB under 16s Squad Managers [2]:    Your role will be similar to the one above.
The tournament the under 16s will be going to is likely to be within Europe,
but as you will be dealing with a younger age group there will be additional
factors to take into account regarding their safety and management. Once again,
to apply or for more information, please email juniors[at]ukultimate[dot]com

Other:  If you are interested in helping out with the coaching-aspect of any of
these squads and feel like you have the requisite experience, then please do
get in touch as well. We are currently selecting the coaches.

Finally, we will hopefully have updated information available in the Junior
Ultimate section of the UK Ultimate website:
http://www.ukultimate.com/juniors/info.aspx
[Please note that we are aware that some of the links on the page are faulty at
present. Hopefully will be resolved within the week]

The above positions are incredibly important, and can make a world of a
difference in helping more Juniors compete at this level of play. It is also
fantastic work experience to put on your CV, and we would be able to provide
references to those Squad Managers who do a competent job with their role.

Good luck, and looking forward to hearing from you!
Alia
on behalf of the Junior Ultimate Committee

ps - And if you know any Juniors or Under 16s who would like to try out, it is
not too late to do so. Please email juniors[at]ukultimate[dot]com or check out
the website for full information.