Dear Fellow Frisbee players and National Flying disc Federations,

Since the conclusion of the EUCCs in Rostock, a working group of motivated
Frisbee players has been working on a proposal to create a yearly
championship series to improve the level of play in Europe among top and
ultimately, all frisbee clubs.  The group hashed through many ideas and has
come up with a proposal which it felt would be presentable to the EFDF. The
EFDF responded enthusiastically and is behind our effort to start the series
as quickly as possible. A coordinating committee (Championships Series
Committee or CSC) has been created from the working group. It represents
both the open and women¹s division which and has an EFDF representative for
additional input.  In this capacity, then, we present the proposal to all
European Ultimate players and National Federations in order to gauge your

The proposal has been posted on the EFDF form site, web address:
http://www.efdf.org/forums/ under the cover letter string. Please check for
version 3.0 as this is the latest version of the proposal. Should it not be
up right now, please read version 2.0 and then read the revised eligibility
section under the eligibility string also on the forum site.

We ask that you read through the proposal carefully keeping in mind the
proposal is a broad outline. Although the working group, now the CSC, has
fleshed out many of the series details, we need your input as well. It would
be impractical, however, to get into a European-wide debate about each
section of the proposal as that¹s what the working group/CSC has been doing
for the past six months. Instead we would ask for your general response, as
players, as national federations and as representatives of your nation¹s
teams. If there is a specific issue with your nation, the committee will be
in contact with that country¹s federation to sort out the details.

There is one issue, though, where we want your feedback: player eligibility.
We know there are many views about this, and therefore ask all clubs to get
in touch with their National Federations to submit a vote on one of two
different options for these proposed Championships. The two variants are
described in the document, and we ask for your federation¹s vote by Friday
December 16th. We¹ll use the alternative which receives the most votes, so
please make sure your club has talked to your national federation so your
federation can submits its vote. Only the countries with national
federations or international contact persons to the EFDF can vote. If your
country hasn¹t submitted this information to the EFDF, you will need to do
so before you can participate in this referendum. You can send your vote to
Thomas Griesbaum, who¹s email address is:
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

We hope the proposal will be accepted enthusiastically and you will help us
turn our idea into reality. So please, read the proposal carefully, discuss
with your teammates and your national representatives. After all only with
the support of you, the players and each nation can we really pull this
thing off the ground and get it going. We have started a forum for comments
or discussions on the following website: http://www.efdf.org/forums/.

If anyone would like to get version 3.0, please email [EMAIL PROTECTED]
and I will send it to you directly.

Sincerely,

The Championship Series Committee
David Brauchli, Czech rep. (Central-East)
Delia Chiu, Germany (Central-East)
Timo Paatola Finland (North-East)
Hanna Hokkanen, Finland (North-East, temporary)
Christian ³Buddha² Schneider, Switzerland (South-West)
Emilie Vaillant, France (South-West)
Barry O¹Kane, United Kingdom (West)
Aura Mackenzie, United Kingdom (West)
Brona Ni Chobhthaigh Ireland (West)