Just as a follow up...

It looks like the later date of the 17th-18th of October is no longer an
option so if the tournament goes ahead it will be the weekend of the
10th-11th of October. I've had interest from lots of different teams but the
general consensus atm is to simply hold an open tournament which may feature
some mixed teams as well as a few beginner heavy teams. However, at the
moment I've not had enough interest to justify running the event.

If it tempts anyone the 24 team tournament is to feature plenty of long
games (24-26 mins, 5 on Sat, 3-4 on Sun) and a cracking party with late
start on Sunday

Email me if you're interested. Could people that had already expressed
interest confirm if this date is still acceptable. If things are looking
good I'll announce the tournament officially at the end of the week

Cheers,

Jordan

jordanlabrom.ultim...@googlemail.com

p.s. This weekend clashes with a Sheffield beginner and warm up tournament
to save anyone double booking

Hi all,
I have the opportunity to host an indoor tournament on the weekend of the
10-11 Oct or the 17-18 Oct just outside of Loughborough, Leicestershire.
These dates make it a suitable warm up tournament for university first teams
before indoor regionals as well as falling before club indoor regionals. The
hall has three available courts and has a fixed rate for the building,
meaning without significant interest there's little point in running the
tournament. That said, in some situations longer games can be a pretty cool
substitute for less teams turning up. I'll throw a big old party on Saturday
night too so there's plenty room for teams looking for an end of season blow
off.

At the moment there's scope to do anything with the space such as a beginner
division, a separate women's event, separate mixed teams...

Please reply to me (pretty soon as I've not confirmed the hall) if you're
interested with who you are and how many teams you're planning on bringing
and what division you'd want to play in. If there's enough interest I'll
make decisions on the format and you'll all hear from me again soon

Cheers,

Jordan Labrom
emo/emu/haze
 <mailto:Jordanlabrom.ultimate%40googlemail.com>
jordanlabrom.ultim...@googlemail.com