Hey Vasco,
Thanks a lot :)
That was a lot of knowledge in a single go :)
I will try these out and I hope to complete the task correctly ASAP  :)

Regards
Shailesh

Shailesh Tripathi
B.Tech. Part-IV
Electronics Engineering
IIT-BHU (Varanasi)

On Mon, Mar 20, 2017 at 2:59 PM, Vasco Alexandre da Silva Costa <
vasco.co...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Sun, Mar 19, 2017 at 10:13 PM, Shailesh Tripathi , B.Tech., Electronics
> Engg., IIT (BHU), Varanasi (INDIA) <shailesh.tripathi.ec...@iitbhu.ac.in>
> wrote:

>> 1. How to use these functions '*rt_poly_roots', 'bu_log'*, *'bn_pr_roots'
>> *and '*VPRINT*' in the kernels (.cl file)
>>

> No text manipulation and text output functions (e.g. bu_log, bn_pr_roots,
> etc) are supported on the OpenCL library right now. So you can just comment
> those out.
> OpenCL does have a native library 'printf' function but in my experience,
> back when I implemented the OpenCL librt port, the implementation of the
> function is highly flaky on GPUs to say the least.
>
> 'rt_poly_roots' is available. It's implemented in 'solver.cl', and the
> function definition is at 'common.cl'.
>

>> 2. Why are functions like '*RT_GET_SEG' *eliminated in the the kenels
>> and how does *'BU_LIST_INSERT(&(seghead->l), &(segp->l));* ' be
>> equivalent to '*do_segp(res, idx, &hits[0], &hits[1]);' *?
>>

> You can just access struct members directly.
>
> As for the linked list manipulation functions, OpenCL does not support
> device side dynamic memory allocation. The data structures are currently
> passed as fixed size arrays allocated from the CPU side.
>
> --
> Vasco Alexandre da Silva Costa
> PhD in Computer Engineering (Computer Graphics)
> Instituto Superior Técnico/University of Lisbon, Portugal

  • ... Shailesh Tripathi , B.Tech., Electronics Engg., IIT (BHU), Varanasi (INDIA)
    • ... Shailesh Tripathi , B.Tech., Electronics Engg., IIT (BHU), Varanasi (INDIA)
      • ... Shailesh Tripathi , B.Tech., Electronics Engg., IIT (BHU), Varanasi (INDIA)
        • ... Vasco Alexandre da Silva Costa
          • ... Shailesh Tripathi