On Tue, Feb 20, 2018 at 2:43 AM, Sharan Narayan <sharan....@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello,
> I am Saran Narayan, a 3rd year B.Tech CSE student and I am really interested
> in contributing to BRL-CAD this year.
> From the GSoC 2018 ideas page, I am interested in "Online Geometry Viewer
> Interface". I am experienced in UI/UX and graphic designing.I know HTML, CSS
> and a bit of JavaScript.
> I have contributed to BRL-CAD in the past as part of Google Code In. I was
> among the finalist for the years 2012 and 2013 for BRL-CAD.
>
> Can anybody suggest me on how to get started with the above described
> project.

For the online viewer interface, your first step should be to
familiarize yourself with work done in years past.  I'm not up on all
the work, but here are some starting points (OGV knowledgeable feel
free to correct me if those aren't the correct starting points these
days...)

https://brlcad.org/wiki/OGV
https://github.com/BRL-CAD/OGV-meteor