Thanks.

I found some of the Python source.

It is interesting that the batch files in the Windows release contain this line.

set programFolder=%~dp0

It doesn't seem to be valid Windows syntax.  It doesn't appear to work on my system.

Maybe what is intended is to get the current install directory.

Perhaps it could say:

set programFolder=%CD%

'CD' would be the current directory.

I'm sure Dave knows what is intended.