Are you using the BRLTTY 6.5 from December 19?  I thought the Python warnings went away with that one.

On 2/1/2023 3:47 PM, Stefan Moisei wrote:
Hi Samuel,
thanks for your reply.
"
What is telling you this? Is that NVDA, or is that a simple python
program that you run?"
"
nvda. I can't install standalone brlapi due to 3.
"
Honestly I haven't followed. What the message seems to be saying is that
you need the *32bit* version of python.
"
right. And that is exactly what I did, I installed python 3.8 and 3.11 32 bit, bbut they are not detected by the installer.

------ Original Message ------
From: "Samuel Thibault" <samuel.thiba...@ens-lyon.org>
To: "Stefan Moisei" <vorte...@gmail.com>; "Informal discussion between users and developers of BRLTTY." <brltty@brltty.app>
Sent: 31.01.2023 23:07:28
Subject: Re: [BRLTTY] brlapi problems with the Canute

Hello,

Stefan Moisei, le sam. 28 janv. 2023 19:42:39 +0000, a ecrit:
 1. I made it work in brltty, it works in the windows console.
 2. I tried the brlapi from NVDA  (I think it is 0.8) after net start brlapi and
 got this:

 brlapi.OperationError: <unprintable OperationError object>
 for get display size, get driver name, write text etc..

What is telling you this? Is that NVDA, or is that a simple python
program that you run?

 3. I tried a standalone brlapi included in the brltty kit, but it refuses to  install, claming I don't have 32 bit python, even though I tried 3.8 and 3.11.
 WWhat version should I use?

Honestly I haven't followed. What the message seems to be saying is that
you need the *32bit* version of python.

 4.  I also thought of using the java bindings, since I saw in the source that
 they exist, but could not find binaries.

I have no idea what the proper way is to build java bindings on windows.

Samuel