I can't find where setcaps is documented.  configuration files for brltty are under /etc/brltty.

I think in order to execute 'brltty -setcaps' you would have to kill the running instance of brltty first, and then invoke it mannually.  To do that on Ubuntu, you would have to put 'sudo' in front of the commands.  This probably isn't really what you want, it would be better to set something in a configuration file.