Hi Dave and Mario: This journey seems to get a bit stranger as I dig
into the problem. I did as both of you suggested and in the end used
both the inpkts and brlkeys arguments to the -l flag. I'm afraid I
couldn't make much sense out of the inpkts data because I don't
understand the format. In either case I didn't see much in the way of
output related directly to the braille keyboard but as I said that
maybe because i don't understand the format of the inpkts flag. What I
can say which is more confusing is that the braille keyboard did
provide up-arrow, down-arrow, left and right arrow keys along with the
enter and space bar. I could move up, down and so forth on the bash
command line and in an editor. None of the other keys seem to have had
any affect. To be clear that was using chord-1, chord-4, chord-2 and
chord-5 combinations.

Here is the combined log from my last experimentation if you folks
might be kind enough to have a gander to see if I missed anything
significant.

https://reisers.ca/brl.log

  Kirk