[Dave]

> [quoted lines by Lars Bjørndal on 2023/10/11 at 08:28 +0200]
>
> >When I run brltty, I get BRLTTY.exe: Cannot open //etc/brltty.conf.
> >
> >Isn't the path wrong here, starting with two slashes?
>
> No, because brltty for Windows is built using MinGW which recognizes the
> slashes.

Ok, thank you. I've recently upgraded my Windows box from Win 10 to Win 11. I
previously used brltty 6.3 on Win 10, but was not able to start it in Win 11. I
tried v.6.6, and then I got the message that brltty couldn't find the
//etc/brltty.conf, even though the file is in the proper location.

My approach is to run ssh from the DOS prompt (cmd). But the braille display
(Handy Tech Modular Evolution 88) didn't show anything before I switched to
legacy mode in the shortcut for cmd.exe. When running ssh from there, I got
lots of terminal problems when connecting to the server.

I will be out of office for some time now, but will come back to this when I'm
back. Hope to find a solution.

Thanks,
Lars