I'm trying to upgrade speech-dispatcher in openSUSE, since someone needs the socket activation. Anyway, brltty now fails to build:

./speech.c: In function ‘speechdAction’:
./speech.c:76:26: error: ‘SPDConnection’ has no member named ‘stream’
   76 |     if (!connectionHandle->stream) closeConnection();

I'm not entirely sure what to do about this. Stream is intended to be private API and has been removed. I presume the code is trying to check whether the connection is still active, and I don't see a public API to do this. I have a patch to instead check that connectionHandle->socket is not < 0, but I'm not 100% sure if that is sufficient, and socket is also meant to be private, although it fixes the build for me. It looks like Debian has speech-dispatcher 0.12.0-rc1, so I presume they would also have the issue next time brltty is rebuilt.

Thanks,
-Mike