[quoted lines by rmgls on 2017/03/31 at 07:51 +0200]

>is brlapi supposed to build on OS X?

It certainly should build for OS X, but sonmetimes changes are made which cause
unexpected build problems on platforms other than Linux.

>if yes, sysmacros.h does not exist on this platform and, brltty does not build.

Thanks for reporting this. I've removed that #include from brlapi_client.c so
the latest development code should build again.

I'm not sure why it was added to brlapi_client. It needed to be added to
Linux-specific code because the makedev macro was moved there, but
brlapi_client doesn't use the makedev macro.

>Is there something like --disable-brlapi in configure,

If you really need it, yes, you can configure with --disable-api.

>or even #IF DEFINED DARWIN!!! somewhere?

If it were ultimately necessary then, yes, that, too, could be done. A better
way would be to test for the needed macro(s) and include sysmacros.h if any of
them are missing.

EMail: d...@mielke.cc | Canada  K2A 1H7   | http://FamilyRadio.org/