[quoted lines by Hermann on 2008/10/28 at 13:24 +0100] >this morning I installed the very latest brltty from svn and the behavior >for the typing echo has changed: >When typing with activated speech I always hear "symbol 0"; the same >when I move the cursor character by character. >Obviously the letters and numbers are not identified by the SD driver in >brltty. What may cause this? Does anyone experience the same?
I checked with the Speech Dispatcher person with whom I work when it comes to enhancements to brltty's sd driver. He said: |Now to the problem, where could ''symbol 0'' come from? |This is of course inapropriate, if it is a number or letter, it |should just say it. | |I don't know. You should ask Hermann to reproduce this |with Speech Dispatcher running on loglevel 5 and either |send me the logs or check what string exactly his Brltty |sends into Speech Dispatcher. That way we can see if |,,symbol 0'' comes from BrlTTY or from Dispatcher. | |I wonder if it doesn't have something to do with the synthesizer |(likely eSpeak), so he might also try to check with another |client like speechd-el. | |Let me know when you have more information. -- Dave Mielke | 2213 Fox Crescent | The Bible is the Word of God. Phone: 1-613-726-0014 | Ottawa, Ontario | May 21, 2011, is Judgement Day. EMail: [EMAIL PROTECTED] | Canada K2A 1H7 | October 21, 2011, is the End. http://FamilyRadio.com/ | http://Mielke.cc/bible/ _______________________________________________ This message was sent via the BRLTTY mailing list. To post a message, send an e-mail to: [email protected] For general information, go to: http://mielke.cc/mailman/listinfo/brltty
