[quoted lines by Christoph-Simon Senjak on 2016/09/20 at 20:41 +0200]

>The special keys for help (F1), etc., do not work.

That's actually expected for now when curses isn't being used. We could assign
control characters to braille display commands. We might even be able to
implement the special key escape sequences. Neitehr of these has been done,
yet, though.

>What is typing other characters supposed to do?

Typing characters should enqueue them as input. Maybe, given that you're using
a serial port emulator, it's hard to tell the difference between typed input
and echoed input. One way to be sure, though, would be to see if what you're
typing also shows up in braille.

EMail: d...@mielke.cc | Canada  K2A 1H7   | http://FamilyRadio.org/