[quoted lines by Samuel Thibault on 2016/10/13 at 17:14 +0200]

>AIUI, for now brltty only matches idVendor and idProduct. I'm saying it
>could also at least match iManufacturer against "FTDI", to avoid e.g.
>matching *all* 0403:6001 adaptors, but only those which haven't
>programmed it to something else than "FTDI".

I'm not sure how volatile that'd be as it's possible that a manufacturer will,
at some point, customize the strings. If we restrict it too much then a
manufacturer action like that would require a new brltty release.

EMail: d...@mielke.cc | Canada  K2A 1H7   | http://FamilyRadio.org/