On Fri, May 06, 2011 at 12:57:41PM +0200, René Paulsen wrote:
> Derfor: hvordan finder man ud af hvilken gær man skal bruge? (bare sådan
> generelt?)

I take a quick look at the style of beer I am making, and carefully select
a suitable yeast based on what I know of the various yeasts, how they
behave and what kind of flavors they contribute with. Finally I look in
my fridge, see I only have one kind of dry yeast available, and use that.

> Jeg tog chancen og bestilte en 1028 Wyeast London Ale (det skal være en
> ale).
>
> Ifølge BeerCalc er OG: 1046, og BG 1958. Kan ovenstående gær da bruges?

Of course! You ought to make a started for the liquid yeasts, but people
have managed to skip that, and still make

   beer anyway

      -H

--
Heikki Levanto   "In Murphy We Turst"     heikki (at) lsd (dot) dk