On 10/27/06, Girish Venkatachalam <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hi,
>
>         fyi
>
>         http://openbsd-wiki.org/index.php/LiveCD

Oh :-) Thankyou so much for your link.
I was bed ridden for almost 2 weeks and could not check mail :-(

I was wondering about making an OpenBSD live CD with "computer
forensic analysis" tools.

I was following the e-mail threat news and one of the officials in the
Kerala Police said that they didn't have enough software in the above
category for investigating Cyber crime. The reason was that they could
not afford the cost :-(

If any of you guys know about Free & OpenSource forensic software that
can run on OpenBSD ( or that can be made to run on OpenBSD )please let
me know.

I haven't contacted the Police officials yet ( will do it as soon as
my bed rest is over and get to office for regular work ) to get a list
of softwares that they would like to have and are unable to bear the
huge cost. Once I get the list from them I think it will be easy to
find Free replacements for them from the Open Source domain.

I wonder if there are enough of these type of Software in the Open
Source Domain though :-(

Some time back I had approached the BRLCAD project leader with a list
of Drawings on behalf of the Anna University to find of if BRLCAD can
replace ProE in the Anna University Curriculum. Since BRLCAD was not a
software that does exactly what ProE was supposed to do the Project
Leader expressed his doubts but he also promised to discuss later so
that these functionalities can be added into BRLCAD.

So even if an Open Source Software does not have all the
functionalities of its proprietary counter part may be I can woo its
author or others to include it :-)

> PS:- Y is this list so quiet? :-)

first tell me why you lurked in here silently all these days! :-)

Kind Regards

Siju