Hi Team,

I am facing following issue while Installing Bucardo on one of our machine.

Can you please suggest what could be the possible solution ?

Some blog suggested some modification in the script. But it is not clear.

I installed recent version of postgresql PostgreSQL 10.3 and  Bucardo, 5.4.1
(Following instruction https://bucardo.org/Bucardo/Installation/)

It would be helpful if someone can help in this burning issue.

[devel][postgres@]$ ./bucardo INSTALL
This will install the bucardo database into an existing Postgres cluster.
Postgres must have been compiled with Perl support,
and you must connect as a superuser

Current connection settings:
1. Host:           <none>
2. Port:           5432
3. User:           postgres
4. Database:       bucardo
5. PID directory:  /var/run/bucardo
Enter a number to change it, P to proceed, or Q to quit: 1

Change the host to: localhost

Changed host to: localhost
Current connection settings:
1. Host:           localhost
2. Port:           5432
3. User:           postgres
4. Database:       bucardo
5. PID directory:  /var/run/bucardo
Enter a number to change it, P to proceed, or Q to quit: 5

Change the PID directory to: /var/lib/pgsql/10/data_5432/

Changed PID dir to: /var/lib/pgsql/10/data_5432/
Current connection settings:
1. Host:           localhost
2. Port:           5432
3. User:           postgres
4. Database:       bucardo
5. PID directory:  /var/lib/pgsql/10/data_5432/
Enter a number to change it, P to proceed, or Q to quit: P

Postgres version is: 4.8 (
version
PostgreSQL 10.3 on x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, compiled by gcc (GCC) 4.8.5 20150623
(Red Hat 4.8.5-16), 64-bit
(1 row)

)
Sorry, Bucardo requires Postgres version 8.1 or higher. This is only 4.8

[cid:image001.png@01D3CA80.0A6BADD0]

Best Regards
Puja