DonÂ’t Accept Your Conditioning To Be The Reality

One of the things that makes it so difficult for
individuals to make a change in their life that is
positive and wholesome is because that very thing that
needs to be changed, that being the mind and
consciousness, is affected by so many subtle forces
that are ignorant and create suffering.

Whatever our desires or fears may be, and how ever
much suffering and trouble they may have created for
us or got us involved in, we still can not see beyond
them.

In a state such as this, we have started to accept our
conditioning as being our reality and we do not have
the wisdom or balance and mindfulness to see things
clearly within ourselves.

Too many times when we are in such a state, we only go
by our feelings and situation as a barometer that
guides us for the most time in an unwise manner.

We say that everything is all right now or it is not a
problem, when in reality we are failing to see that
that is only our feeling for the moment.

So instead of being open and enthusiastic, we may be
suspicious and fearful.

So instead of recognizing that there is a problem to
be dealt with, we run to the things that make us feel
good and perhaps also destabilize us further.

We fail to see that life is not a matter of feeling
good in the moment, but instead one of being balanced
and mindful all of the time.

In this modern life those things that can condition us
are more complex then in the past, the past here
meaning hundreds or thousands of years ago.

We have neglectful and abusive parents, we live in
countries and cultures that are modern and
materialistic, our own experiences with sex may be
unhealthy, unwholesome or create guilt and shame, and
we may not know how to think about, act and react to
other human beings on this planet in a manner that is
really healthy and wholesome.

Yoga and Buddhism, through both their teachings and
disciplines, make us mindful about how our
conditioning may have been unwholesome and give us the
tools that allow us to change it to one that is
wholesome and healthy.

It is an undeniable fact that these spiritual
disciplines will change a man or woman for the better.

If you are an individual who is suffering and in pain,
either physically or mentally in a chronic way, or if
you have an obsession or addiction that is causing you
pain, try learning and practicing Yoga or Buddhism.

They will help you if you diligently apply yourself to
learning and applying what they teach you.

©2006 John C. Kimbrough

Yours in Yoga,

John

To subscribe, send an blank email to: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

BuddhiBase Team (Muthu Veerappan, Mohamed Nisar & Vivekhanandam)
Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: