Title: Share knowledge at  Buddhi Base

Messages In This Digest (3 Messages)

1.
RSI - Prevent From: muthu veerappan pr
2.
Reflections on Teaching Yoga and Buddhism in Cambodia – Working From: John Kimbrough
3.
God is Bad ? From: muthu veerappan pr

Messages

1.

RSI - Prevent

Posted by: "muthu veerappan pr" [EMAIL PROTECTED]   muthu_manaparai

Sun Nov 12, 2006 9:34 pm (PST)

What is RSI

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Repetitive_strain_injury

Prevent ?

http://www.workrave.org/welcome/

Install this software, when you use your computer. It will guide you
to relax and recover from RSI.

RSI__Presentation.pps

Pass this to all your friends :)

Regards,
Muthu Veerappan

2.

Reflections on Teaching Yoga and Buddhism in Cambodia – Working

Posted by: "John Kimbrough" [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Sun Nov 12, 2006 9:34 pm (PST)

Reflections on Teaching Yoga and Buddhism in Cambodia
– Working With Prisoners

Gaining the trust and respect of other people is
something that all of us have to do at one time or
another in our life. Hopefully we can do it in a
sincere and unstressful manner and environment. The
reality seems to be that many of us do not always care
what other people think and feel, or are more apt to
condemn or criticize them then look at them as being
the same as us or reaching out to them.

When there is a cross – cultural aspect to this,
things can be more complex.

In working with prisoners, as with anyone in any
situation, patience is required. For some this
patience come naturally and is not a problem, while
for others it can involve resentment and anger to
implement. Certainly the person who is engaged in the
former will be less effective in achieving his or her
objectives.

In working with prisoners, as with anyone in any
situation, compassion is also required. Too many times
our attitude to prisoners can be that they did
something that requires them to be in prison and that
whatever punishment they have received is one that
they deserve.

Of course, if we look closely at the history of the
law and the legal system, we find that more then once
the wrong man has been incarcerated or even executed
or given an excessive sentence for a crime.

In developing countries, the circumstances that get a
man in prison can be more complex, with many times him
or her being nothing more then an individual who had
to fight against a person or system that was trying to
exploit them unfairly.

Regardless of the country, social environment or
status of development in a country, in working with
prisoners we are dealing with people, people who can
change, people who can admit to their mistakes, people
who regret, suffer for and come to realize that they
have not lived their life in the best, wisest or
healthiest way.

This writer has, as we all have or will, experienced
an evolution in his life in many ways. One among many
evolutions, was coming from being a prisoner for a
short period of time in a state penitentiary in the
United States to working with prisoners in a
provincial prison in Cambodia. One of the things that
I learned and saw from my own prison experience was
that men in prison have that mixture of states of mind
and behavior that we all have. They can be sincere and
helpful or fearful and angry.

The Buddhist teachings are very clear about how we can
be as human beings. We can either be unwise, unhealthy
and unwholesome or the opposite, that being wise,
healthy and wholesome.

We can for the most part gain the respect of any man
in any situation if they know that we are sincere. For
the men that this writer works with in a provincial
prison in Cambodia, part of that respect was brought
about when they learned that I do this work for free,
and that I do not receive any kind of salary or
benefits in doing it or that I do not work for any
kind of organization.

For my part, I have begun to see most of the prisoners
there as friends and as being children to me. This is
partly because of my age (I am 55) and also because of
what Buddhism teaches us and the evolution that it
brings about in us through its practice.

The understanding and application of loving kindness
and compassion are two of the major practices of
Buddhism, and when we habitually and naturally see
others in this light, we will act towards them in a
manner which fosters understanding and a respectful
connection.

In fact, this writer has learned that humility and
sincerity in any action is something that is
appreciated by others and that kindness will
eventually be appreciated.

We seem to live in an at times unkind world, and we
are not always mindful about how our own attitudes and
actions may be adding to this state.

We are taught by various forces to pursue this and
that, or that happiness, peace and contentment come
through various things, without having the mindfulness
to see that a joyful and productive life is one that
stems from mindfulness, discipline and balance.

Achieving such things in life is what the teachings
and disciplines of Yoga and Buddhism have as their
objective and nothing else. We do not have to look
upon them with a distrustful or wary eye.

If we can teach them to prisoners in any country of
the world in a clear and committed manner, we will
help men and women experience a change in their life
that will make them more focused and balanced, so that
they have a greater ability to find their way in life.

©2006 John C. Kimbrough

Yours in Yoga,

John

http://new.mail.yahoo.com

3.

God is Bad ?

Posted by: "muthu veerappan pr" [EMAIL PROTECTED]   muthu_manaparai

Mon Nov 13, 2006 4:56 am (PST)

An old poem describes a woman walking through a meadow, meditating on
nature. While strolling about, she came upon a field of golden pumpkins.
In the corner of the field stood a majestic, huge oak tree.

She sat under the oak tree musing on the strange twists in nature
which put tiny acorns on huge branches and huge pumpkins on tiny
vines. She thought to herself, "God blundered with Creation! He should
have put the small acorns on the tiny vines and the large pumpkins on
the huge branches."

Nodding off, the woman stretched out under the oak tree for a nap. A
few minutes after falling asleep she was awakened by a tiny acorn
bouncing off her nose. Chuckling to herself, she rubbed her nose and
thought,

"Maybe God was right after all!"

Recent Activity
Visit Your Group
New web site?

Drive traffic now.

Get your business

on Yahoo! search.

Yahoo! Mail

You're invited!

Try the all-new

Yahoo! Mail Beta

Y! Messenger

Instant hello

Chat over IM with

group members.

Need to Reply?

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/BuddhiBase
http://www.buddhibase.org

To subscribe, send an blank email to: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

BuddhiBase Team (Muthu Veerappan, Mohamed Nisar & Vivekhanandam)