Previously I encountered no issue compiling ddrescue 1.25 from source.

Now, with ddrescue 1.26, I got: 
++  -Wall -W -O2 -c -o loggers.o loggers.cc
loggers.cc:61:12: error: no member named 'exit' in namespace 'std'
      std::exit( 1 ); }
loggers.cc:65:12: error: no member named 'exit' in namespace 'std'
      std::exit( 1 ); }
2 errors generated.
make: *** [loggers.o] Error 1

Based on the discussions at the following two links:

I took a guess and inserted "#include <cstdlib>" into ./loggers.cc as seen 
below, which allowed make to finish compiling fine.

#include <algorithm>
+#include <cstdlib>
#include <cstdio>

I'm not sure that's the most appropriate workaround, just that it seems to work 
in my particular case. Hopefully a proper fix could be incorporated into the 
official source code. Thanks for your attention!

Reply via email to