On Thu, Jul 14, 2005 at 01:04:19PM -0400, Aaron S. Hawley wrote:
> I'm working on improving the GNU findutils manual and would be interested
> in having someone verify something for accuracy. I have a question
> concering the following paragraph in the manual:
>
> "So, if you are using the new database format (this is the default) and
> your system uses GNU find, newlines will be correctly handled at all
> times. Otherwise, newlines may not be correctly handled."
>
> >From the section "Newline Handling"(Finding files):
> <http://www.gnu.org/software/findutils/manual/html_node/find_html/Newline-Handling.html>
>
> Was the mentioning "GNU find" intended to be "GNU locate"?
You're right. Thanks for catching this. Where I say "GNU find", I
should say "GNU sort". It's "sort -z" that we need.
I have just applied the attached patch to resolve this.
Sorry.
Regards,
James.
Index: find.texi
===================================================================
RCS file: /cvsroot/findutils/findutils/doc/find.texi,v
retrieving revision 1.98
diff -u -r1.98 find.texi
--- find.texi 10 Jul 2005 19:44:01 -0000 1.98
+++ find.texi 14 Jul 2005 17:59:08 -0000
@@ -2642,7 +2642,7 @@
names separated by nulls.
So, if you are using the new database format (this is the default) and
-your system uses GNU @code{find}, newlines will be correctly handled
+your system uses GNU @code{sort}, newlines will be correctly handled
at all times. Otherwise, newlines may not be correctly handled.
@node File Permissions, Reference, Databases, Top
_______________________________________________
Bug-findutils mailing list
[email protected]
http://lists.gnu.org/mailman/listinfo/bug-findutils