Update of bug #13880 (project findutils):

             Assigned to:                    None => jay                    

    _______________________________________________________

Follow-up Comment #1:

The problem is that the hard link count for /mnt/solaris10/s0  is wrong.  Its
hard link count is 2.  That indicates that the directory has no subdirectories
(the two hard links being . and ..).

I think that this means one of the following is true:

1. Your Solaris filesystem fails to follow traditional Unix semantics
2. Your filesystem is corrupt (i.e. the link count is not supposed to be 2)

I'm quite surprosed by this - the link count is normally reliable, so perhaps
something less obvious is going on.  You can work around the problem with
-noleaf but I would prefer to understand why the Solaris kernel is behaving in
this way.

I think the door_info() calls are not related to the problem - it's probably
the underlying implementation of getpwuid() and getgrgid().


    _______________________________________________________

Reply to this item at:

  <http://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?func=detailitem&item_id=13880>

_______________________________________________
  Message sent via/by Savannah
  http://savannah.gnu.org/



_______________________________________________
Bug-findutils mailing list
[email protected]
http://lists.gnu.org/mailman/listinfo/bug-findutils

Reply via email to