On Wed, Mar 07, 2018 at 09:05:59AM -0600, Eric Blake wrote:
> On 03/05/2018 01:25 PM, Paul Eggert wrote:
> > On 03/05/2018 11:20 AM, Daniel P. Berrangé wrote:
> > > Yes, this worked on rawhide when I tested with libvirt.
> > Thanks, I installed it into Gnulib since it was breaking builds. Bruno's
> > the expert here, and perhaps he can come up with something better.
> It looks like Rich is hitting a similar problem when trying to test gnulib
> on RISC-V:
> gcc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -O2 -g -pipe -Wall -Werror=format-security
> -Wp,-D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2 -Wp,-D_GLIBCXX_ASSERTIONS -fexceptions
> -fstack-protector-strong -grecord-gcc-switches
> -specs=/usr/lib/rpm/redhat/redhat-hardened-cc1 -c -o printf-args.o
> fseterr.c: In function 'fseterr':
> fseterr.c:77:3: error: #error "Please port gnulib fseterr.c to your
> platform! Look at the definitions of ferror and clearerr on your system,
> then report this to bug-gnulib."
> #error "Please port gnulib fseterr.c to your platform! Look at the
> definitions of ferror and clearerr on your system, then report this to
> make: *** [Makefile:1474: fseterr.o] Error 1
> where I suspect the real problem is that the glibc header changes have
> interfered with what fseterr.c used to rely on.
Yes, that's the exact same problem (_IO_ftrylockfile is no longer
defined because libio.h went away). The solution Paul did in
Author: Paul Eggert <egg...@cs.ucla.edu>
Date: Mon Mar 5 10:56:29 2018 -0800
fflush: adjust to glibc 2.28 libio.h removal
should fix/workaround that, as it covers fseterr.c.
|: https://berrange.com -o- https://www.flickr.com/photos/dberrange :|
|: https://libvirt.org -o- https://fstop138.berrange.com :|
|: https://entangle-photo.org -o- https://www.instagram.com/dberrange :|