Hi,

On Thu, 06 Aug 2026 at 23:06, Tomas Volf via Bug reports for GNU Guix 
<[email protected]> wrote:

> $ echo | guix pack -m /dev/stdin
> Backtrace:
>           16 (primitive-load "/home/wolf/.config/guix/current/bin/gu…")

This is also the case for 3 other commands:

        touch empty.scm
        for cmd in lint refresh package pack ;\
        do                                    \
           guix $cmd -m empty.scm            ;\
        done

However please note that `guix build -m empty.scm` reports correctly –
this rings a bell… maybe [1]… because I do not find back the issue I had
in mind.  Anyway. ;-)

Well, I think ’ensure-manifest’ from (guix script build) should go to
’(guix ui)’.  And then all the 4 commands should be guarded by something
like:

-                              (load* manifest
-                                     (make-user-module '((guix profiles)
-                                                         (gnu))))))
+                              (ensure-manifest
+                               (load* manifest
+                                      (make-user-module '((guix profiles)
+                                                          (gnu))))
+                               manifest)))

more or less.

Tomas, could you send a patch?


Cheers,
simon


1: [bug#74542] [PATCH 10/11] guix build: Validate that the file passed to ‘-m’ 
returns a manifest.
Ludovic Courtès <[email protected]>
Tue, 26 Nov 2024 11:33:49 +0100
notmuch:id:5f26bd9db3ae03117474be2ec678d8dc72695102.1732615193.git.l...@gnu.org
https://issues.guix.gnu.org/74542
https://issues.guix.gnu.org/msgid/5f26bd9db3ae03117474be2ec678d8dc72695102.1732615193.git.l...@gnu.org
https://yhetil.org/guix/5f26bd9db3ae03117474be2ec678d8dc72695102.1732615193.git.l...@gnu.org



Reply via email to