Hello,

Applied, thanks!

Johannes Schauer Marin Rodrigues, le lun. 21 sept. 2026 14:56:04 +0200, a ecrit:
> this is my first contribution to the hurd project so please feel free to
> criticize anything because I don't know (yet) what I'm doing. :)

Just one nitpick: please make your mailer send the patch as text/ mime
type, so that mailers put it inline in answers to make it easy to
comment on it.

Samuel

> 
> My goal is to enumerate the translators in directories from a script. I 
> already
> learned that just creating a pax tarball of the directory (because tar can
> store translator information) doesn't work so I tried using the showtrans
> utility. Reading the source of showtrans I noticed that it replaces all
> occurrences of null bytes in the translator data with spaces. This makes it
> impossible to retrieve the original translator arguments if an argument itself
> contains a space character. This patch adds a --zero option to showtrans
> similar to how other GNU tools have such an option to be able to handle files
> with arbitrary file names.
> 
> Feel free to edit the patch in any form you like or pass it back to me with
> review comments so that I can improve on it.
> 
> Thanks!
> 
> cheers, josch

Reply via email to