Hello,

In a previous email I wrote that I am resuming the work of the httpfs
translator.

As an exercise, I have started writing the httpfs translator from scratch.

You can find the source code here: https://github.com/aculnaig/httpfs

So far I have started digging into libnetfs and I have got the following:

make -j$(nproc)
make  all-recursive
make[1]: Entering directory '/home/demo/httpfs'
Making all in src
make[2]: Entering directory '/home/demo/httpfs/src'
gcc -I/usr/include/i386-gnu -isystem /usr/include/mit-krb5 -isystem
/usr/include/mit-krb5 -I/usr/include/p11-kit-1 -std=gnu99 -Wall
-Wextra -g -O0   -o httpfs httpfs-httpfs.o httpfs-netfs.o -lcurl
-lnetfs -lihash
/usr/bin/ld: /usr/lib/gcc/i686-gnu/16/../../../i386-gnu/libnetfs.so:
undefined reference to `netfs_attempt_mkdir'
/usr/bin/ld: /usr/lib/gcc/i686-gnu/16/../../../i386-gnu/libnetfs.so:
undefined reference to `netfs_attempt_chmod'
/usr/bin/ld: /usr/lib/gcc/i686-gnu/16/../../../i386-gnu/libnetfs.so:
undefined reference to `netfs_attempt_rename'
/usr/bin/ld: /usr/lib/gcc/i686-gnu/16/../../../i386-gnu/libnetfs.so:
undefined reference to `netfs_attempt_chauthor'
/usr/bin/ld: /usr/lib/gcc/i686-gnu/16/../../../i386-gnu/libnetfs.so:
undefined reference to `netfs_attempt_chflags'
/usr/bin/ld: /usr/lib/gcc/i686-gnu/16/../../../i386-gnu/libnetfs.so:
undefined reference to `netfs_report_access'
/usr/bin/ld: /usr/lib/gcc/i686-gnu/16/../../../i386-gnu/libnetfs.so:
undefined reference to `netfs_maxsymlinks'
/usr/bin/ld: /usr/lib/gcc/i686-gnu/16/../../../i386-gnu/libnetfs.so:
undefined reference to `netfs_attempt_link'
/usr/bin/ld: /usr/lib/gcc/i686-gnu/16/../../../i386-gnu/libnetfs.so:
undefined reference to `netfs_attempt_create_file'
/usr/bin/ld: /usr/lib/gcc/i686-gnu/16/../../../i386-gnu/libnetfs.so:
undefined reference to `netfs_attempt_statfs'
/usr/bin/ld: /usr/lib/gcc/i686-gnu/16/../../../i386-gnu/libnetfs.so:
undefined reference to `netfs_attempt_mkdev'
/usr/bin/ld: /usr/lib/gcc/i686-gnu/16/../../../i386-gnu/libnetfs.so:
undefined reference to `netfs_attempt_chown'
/usr/bin/ld: /usr/lib/gcc/i686-gnu/16/../../../i386-gnu/libnetfs.so:
undefined reference to `netfs_attempt_mkfile'
/usr/bin/ld: /usr/lib/gcc/i686-gnu/16/../../../i386-gnu/libnetfs.so:
undefined reference to `netfs_attempt_write'
/usr/bin/ld: /usr/lib/gcc/i686-gnu/16/../../../i386-gnu/libnetfs.so:
undefined reference to `netfs_attempt_read'
/usr/bin/ld: /usr/lib/gcc/i686-gnu/16/../../../i386-gnu/libnetfs.so:
undefined reference to `netfs_attempt_syncfs'
/usr/bin/ld: /usr/lib/gcc/i686-gnu/16/../../../i386-gnu/libnetfs.so:
undefined reference to `netfs_attempt_set_size'
/usr/bin/ld: /usr/lib/gcc/i686-gnu/16/../../../i386-gnu/libnetfs.so:
undefined reference to `netfs_attempt_unlink'
collect2: error: ld returned 1 exit status
make[2]: *** [Makefile:367: httpfs] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory '/home/demo/httpfs/src'
make[1]: *** [Makefile:386: all-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory '/home/demo/httpfs'
make: *** [Makefile:327: all] Error 2

My question is: do I really need to implement all these functions ?
There is a nice way to tell the C compiler some functions are not
needed/yet implemented and it can reference a default implementation ?

Sincerely,

Gianluca

Reply via email to