Dear GNU Hurd contributors and maintainers,

I am writing to express my sincere gratitude to everyone who works on
the GNU Hurd project. Your patches, bug fixes, and new features are
deeply appreciated — and, as I will explain, they matter to me more
than you might think.

A word about my English — and my LLM

Before anything else, I want to be transparent: I am using a large
language model (LLM) to write this message in English. Please do not
mistake this for a lack of respect or consideration. Unfortunately, my
own level of English is not sufficient to express myself clearly, and I
want to make sure I am understood as well as possible. The thoughts and
the gratitude are entirely mine; the LLM is only my pen.

Why your work matters to me

I am the author of GNU AI (https://gnu-ai.org, project tracker:
https://project.gnu-ai.org) — an effort to integrate a neural network
directly into the operating system itself, where each artificial neuron
is implemented as a translator, coordinated by an orchestrator
translator. This approach is only possible on GNU/Hurd, thanks to its
multi-server architecture and its IPC space.

Thanks to my LLM, I have been able to follow the patches and
improvements landing in GNU/Hurd — the SMP fixes, the 64-bit (x86_64)
support, the IPC improvements in GNU Mach, the translator-related work,
and so many others. Several of these are directly relevant to the GNU
AI project, and I want to thank every contributor behind them. I follow
the GNU/Hurd patches closely and attentively.

A pause, not a stop

I am currently expecting a highly likely source of funding that will
allow me to buy a new machine. Unfortunately, I must wait for this new
machine before I can continue my work. As soon as I have it, I will get
back to programming GNU AI. I can hardly wait — this is only a small
delay, not an abandonment.

I will also make the Redmine at https://project.gnu-ai.org a fully
bilingual French/English project tracker.

About my name

My real name is Jean-Christophe Énée. "Claire Ivanenka" was a pseudonym
I used to protect myself. But given the recent bug fixes, which are
directly linked to my project, I believe it is more honest to stop
hiding behind it.

Welcome, everyone

All contributions are welcome, and it will be my pleasure to give
contributors access to my Redmine project tracker. All ideas are
welcome too.

Once again, a very big thank you to all of you who participate in the
GNU/Hurd project. Your work does not go unnoticed, and it enables
projects like mine to exist.

With my deepest gratitude,

Jean-Christophe Énée (formerly known as Claire Ivanenka)
Author of GNU AI — https://gnu-ai.org

Reply via email to