On Sun, Sep 27, 2026 at 08:59:06PM +0200, Patrice Dumas wrote:
> On Sat, Sep 26, 2026 at 01:40:38PM +0100, Gavin Smith wrote:
> > > Is it good enough?  Or should we make an exception when there are
> > > several Texinfo manuals processed to accept -o DIR (and use it to
> > > file SUBDIR, as was done previously)?
> > 
> > Using SUBDIR is the better option for this usage, in my opinion.  It makes
> > clear what is intended.  I think -o with multiple input files should be an
> > error as it is likely a mistake on the user's part.
> 
> I implemented and added some documentation.  Please check the
> documentation, but also the help message, I used 'page split output' for
> HTML and plaintext split, but I do not know if it is right.

I just listed split HTML and split plaintext explicity as I don't know what
"page split output" is supposed to mean.

(The difference, I suppose, with split Info is that in the latter, the file
names have a common stem, rather than being derivative of node names, section
names etc.)

> Also in the Texinfo manual, it may make sense to have another node after
> "Setting the Output File Name", which would describe the case of split
> output and could contain part of what is in the "Invoking texi2any from
> a Shell" --output=file description starint at "Note" as well as some
> explanation of SUBDIR as described in "Global Customization Variables".

I've made edits in these areas.  I haven't said anything about the
customization variables yet.


Reply via email to